Friday, August 21, 2009


Hi Everyone!!!
I finally did it and created a blog!!!!!!!! I am a contemporary quilter and am exploring the internet as a way of marketing my artwork, showing the process I use to develop/create my quilts, and spir interest in quilt guilds, shops and shows to invite me to teach and/or lecture about my quilts, art, fashion, color theory and karma. I have a degree in Clothing, Textiles and Design and have been a hairdresser in Wisconsin for 2o yrs. and for 2 yrs. in Menominee MI where I currently live. Being a hairdresser inspires my interest in hairstyles, fashion, make up. I love retro prints and fasihon, flowers and fairies!
The photo is of my latest quilt. I call it "1974" because I planned to do a quilt with a '70's theme, awarm colors and a female image. of a black woman. I was working on the quilt around the same time I attended my 35th Class Reunion hence the name of the quilt. It is an original design using a raw edged fused applique technique for the woman's image. I drew a large foundation paper piece to create the sunburst background. I embellished the quilt with yarn, paint, glitter, rhinestones, beads and sequins. It is machine quilted on my Viking Sapphire sewing machine which I hug daily!!
With my blog I want to show the steps I take to ge to the finished quilt. I am starting a new quilt and will show some photos soon. Peace Love and Art!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment