Monday, May 24, 2010

Red, White, Blue and Happy Birthday!!


When I taught a Convergence class earlier this month I needed a class sample. I chose a tie-dye of red, white and blue with embossed stars, a red and white polka dot, a white background with small blue and red stars and a Alexander Henry print with patriotic pin-up girls. I used a mini stripe for the inner border and a cool peace sign print in red, white and blue. I made this for my daughter, Jordana, for her upcoming birthday in June. Jordana was a history major in college and the loves the WW II era. I thought the pinup print looked like from the '40's. She also loves peace signs. I quilted it wth Sulky Blendables in the Americana colors. I embellished it with sparkly foamy stars. The back of the quilt is this crazy "democrat" fabric. I found it fitting for Jordana since she is a liberal democrat. The fabric line also had a republican fabric to keep it "fair and balanced"! (And if she reads this she will know one o her birthday gifts)


No comments:

Post a Comment