Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's Been A Good Week!!!


It has been a good week for me and my art quilts!! This photo of me is from the opening reception in Escanaba, MI at the Bonifas Art Center. Today began a SAQA (Studio Art Quilters Associates) traveling show as well as Fabrications II: Art Quilts of the U.P. I have my Tina Turner quilt from the 2009 Quilting Arts Magazine "Rock On! Challenge in this exhibit. I have not displayed her locally yet and I won 3rd place in this exhibit!! Then earlier in the week I found out my "Geisha" art quilt has been accepted into the 2010 Hoffman Challenge. It will travel across the country to various quilt venues into the summer of 2011.   The websites for the Bonifas and the Hoffman Challenge are http://www.bonifasarts.org/ and http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Laurie, congrats to you! I know your work deserves this. And you opened an etsy shop! Awesome! My mom and I have talked about that, but never did get around to setting one up.

    ReplyDelete