Saturday, August 13, 2011

Quick and Easy

This was a quick and easy Mary Engelbreit panel I picked up in the Sturgeon Bay, WI quilt store last November when I was on my quilt retreat. I purchased it for my sister Wendy whose birthday is today. We both love Mary Engelbreit, she is also a gardener and has a three seasons room with these colors. I machine quilted the borders by using two decorative stiches from my sewing machine using flower motifs. I added baby blue rick rack on the small blue border and a few yellowish rhinestones on the background. I didn't want to get carried away. Sometimes it's good to free the mind and do some easy projects to feel accomplished yet not overwork the brain!! It is cutesy but I like cutesy/whimsical sometimes. The second photo is details of the quilting and embellishments. Wendy is not a follower of my blog so it's safe to post this and have the gift a surprise.
I have been busy with entering upcoming quilt shows such as Road 2 California and the Bonifas Art Center in Ecanaba, MI and prepping for teaching in Sept. and Oct. Lots of paperwork, computer time and CD prepping. It's a necessary part of the process but not my favorite. I will post later about the teaching gigs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment