Monday, April 14, 2014

Portrait Quilt for Appleton East H.S. Class Reunion Door Prize

I have a class reunion this July in Appleton WI. I went to Appleton East H.S. and our school colors were blue and red because we were the Patriots. Back then the Americana color combination was not easy to come by but today it's everywhere. Anyway, the reunion is having door prizes and the coordinators are asking us to donate something so here is my contribution. I used my school colors and all fabrics in my stash. The batik stars and stripes is totally a great fabric as well the batik I used for the halter top!! I have used this pattern of mine before but have not added a border before. I also went into the border with the hair while doing the quilting.

I embellished with rhinestones for earrings and a necklace, two different nail polishes for the hair, a red glitter nail polish on the lips and a great blue chunky glitter nail polish for the eye shadow. I found a cute little button for the jeans closure.
The quilt is 18" x 24."

I added the year of my graduation to the bottom of the quilt in a subtle way. I wanted some reference to the reunion but not too much. You can do the math to figure out how old I am!

And last I never show my labels but I wanted to show this one. I do all my labels using the face stamp I picked up at Joann Fabrics and then I emphasize the eyes and lips using my Pigma Micron pens. I use them to write the info for the labels too.
I hope who ever gets my quilt enjoys it!!

1 comment: