Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Halloween Trick & Treats Forum at IQF Houston 2015

I will be part of the Halloween Tricks & Treats Forum at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX coincidentally on Halloween. It from 2-5pm and #760 in the events catalog. Go to www.quilts.com to register and view the details. My title is called "Witches-Toil and Trouble in Quilt Making!!" I love witches and lean toward a pretty witch over an old warty ones! The two quilts in these photos are teasers of some of my quilty work! This wall hanging above called Bella Strega is my newest pattern and the only witch quilt I converted into a pattern. I will get feedback at the show and possibly turn other witch quilts into patterns. This pattern is available on my website at www.laurieceesay.com, at Pine Street Quilts in Marinette, WI and will be available at the Houston show.

This is a table runner I designed where I was inspired by silhouettes I saw on Pinterest and I already do a few on these silhouettes with historical hairstyles. I saw the phrase "Black Hat Society" as a spin on the Red Hat Society idea and thought it was a cute saying. I decided to add a wart to the witch's chin for the first time!  
The other women participating in the Halloween forum are in alphabetical order:
1.  Pam Damour   www.pamdamour.com

2.  Nancy Goldsworthy   www.QuiltedDecorativeSttiches.com

3.  Diane Herbort    www.DianeHerbort.com

4.  Margarita Korioth  www.margacrafts.blogspot.com

5.  Cyndi Souder  www.MoonlightQuilting.com

Check us out at Houston on Halloween! Happy Halloween!!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun at quilt festival!!!! Are you also going to market?

    ReplyDelete