Sunday, August 31, 2014

Three Little Witches and an Auction Quilt for IQF-Houston

 I am lecturing at the Wisconsin Quilt Expo in Madison, WI this coming Friday Sept. 5, 2014. My lecture is called "I Value That Quilt!" and decided if time permitted I would make a few 4" x 6" fabric postcards as a gift to my volunteer and one for a lucky person attending my lecture. The third postcard is a surprise to someone! I drew up a design loosely based on a small version of my other witch designs. I had left over fabric from my Halloween 2013 Witch Quilt and some Cherrywood Hand Dyed Fabrics left over from The Wicked Challenge a month ago which I used for the green skin. The fabrics are all batiks and I embellished with three colors of nail polish and my signature white dot of paint in the eye area for reflection. I used a variegated Sulky rayon thread for stitching the dress, hat and outside edge-love, love, love this color combination of purple, red, dark blue and lime green!!
This little (12" x12") quilt is my donation for the International Quilt Festival in Houston at the end of October. I am so excited to be teaching there for the first time and the organization asks all teachers to donate a piece to their charitable cause. I picked the dots, stripes, rainbow color scheme, brown hair and glitter nail polish because those are my favorite things and I thought they represented me the best. I hand beaded the earrings and the necklace and used some nail polish on the lips, eyelids and hair, I need to get it to Houston by the third week of September.

I have an "epic" quilt that has been finished but I have to figure out how to add a watermark to the photographs. My techie skills are substandard so I have some educating to do!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Love your work anyway...and these are no exception! Adorable fiber cards...and the 12"x12" is perfect representation of you and your work!! Congrats and have fun at both venues!!

    ReplyDelete