Friday, November 6, 2009

Bras for a Cause


I have decided to enter the "Bras for a Cause, Art Stitching Lives Back Together". It sounds like a fun project to do besides quiltmaking. Everyone starts with a bra and decorates it any mixed-art media likefabric, quilting, paint, beads and any type of froufrou. There will be a Best of Show,1st, 2nd and 3rd place and the bras are donated for a silent auction. The proceeds go toward the Florida Patient Assistance Foundation. The dealine to enter is Nov. 30. 2009. For inquiries go to www.lemonststudio.com. I have the bra, a pink floral print, a brown/pink print for the back, a couple of trims, some felt flowers, some pink tulle, a few silk flowers and I'll top it off with some shiny stuff of glitter and rhinestones. I'll post the finished project asap. I had a '80's flashback when I hand sewed gold coins and chains to a bra when I used to bellydance. One had to jingle when we shoulder shimmied!!

1 comment:

  1. Laurie! I am so excited to see you have a blog! I live in Menominee- about a block from Quilter's Haven- and have admired your work ever since I became aware of it. I went to the guild meeting where you had a trunk show and enjoyed it so much. I even got my mom and a friend to come from up near Pembine/Aurora for it. (They also enjoyed it.) I am not actually a member of the guild, but I plan to join when both my kids are in school and I have a little more time to devote to myself and quilting.

    I am a quilter, too, but nowhere near your level. I actually just got a new Bernina (from Chris Caselton) a couple months ago, so that has helped a LOT with allowing me to actually get what's in my mind onto fabric. I love to machine applique and I have been collecting sequins and sparkly beads for a really bright, sort of "wagon wheel" quilt that I have partially completed. I did a small amount of embellishing on one quilt that I gave away and immediately wanted an embellished one for myself! LOL!

    Anyway, I was really excited to see that you have an online presence- I am involved in the online quilt community much more than the "real world" one. I will absolutely follow your blog! :-) (Do you have a Flickr profile by any chance?)

    ReplyDelete