Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm Having A Quilt Exhibit!!


I want to announce I am having an exhibit of many of my art quilts. The exhibit is in Menominee Mi, where I live, at the Spies Public Library Gallery, 940 1st Street, Menominee MI. My quilts will be on display from March 1-31, 2010. I am having an artist's reception in the gallery on Thursday March 4, 2010 from 4-6 pm. If you live near by or are in the area or want to sample my daughter Jordana's yummy munchies I would love to see you!! Jordana has freed up her work schedule and will be there from Green Bay to be my lovely assistant. When she was a "youngie" (she's in her 20's now!) she would always accompany me to quilt shops/shows and has witnesses the trasformation from traditional quilter to art quilter. She even took some crap when she was in high school, when she was hostessing at her part-time job, when this woman says "That girl's mother uses those BRIGHT fabrics. How could she!" I still laugh at my use of lime green and fuschia bothering this woman!! Anyway, Ken helped me hang the quilts and it was fun to see so many quilts on display at once.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laurie,
    There's one in every crowd...a quilt police...lol! Just ignore. What a wonderful show; your work is AMAZING, WONDERFUL, STUNNING...I could go on. Wishing you are a very successful showing; unfortunately I can only view your quilts online. Congratulations and Good Luck!
    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wished I live closer (alot closer) would love to see it in person. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie,
    Your exhibit is just utterly amazing. I'm sure you are wowing all the exhibit visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize a couple of your quilts as some I've photographed at area quilt shows. They're always standouts among all the beauties. I'm hoping to get to the library this week to see more! You're truly talented and it's so much fun to see your latest creations.

    ReplyDelete