Monday, May 16, 2011

Back to Sewing!!

My entrepreneur class ended last Monday and the last thing I needed to do was complete my business plan. This was detailed, time consuming and parts were quite difficult. But I finished it on Saturday since the weather has been yucky and I have not felt this relieved in a long time. So it's time to get back in the sewing room because I missed it a lot!! I want to do a modernized funky Statue of Liberty for 2 reasons. One, my daughter, Jordana, loves her-she said she was going to grow up to be the Statue of Liberty. I hinted that her arm would get kind of sore holding the torch up all the time!! Second I like blues, reds, stars and stripes. I plan to do the same technique as my Menominee Mermaid and have cut 30 6" squares which you see in the photo. I have some fun 1940s pin up girl fabric from Cher Alexander which will be on the corners (I think). The raw edged fused applique will be in a dark blue batik.I next step is to draw the Statue of Liberty and make my applique pieces then piece the squares, fuse and quilt with red, white and bule varigated thread. I have some fun star embellishments and plan to have it done to put it up in my house for the 4th of July.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great fabric! Can't wait to see it finished.
    So cute that your daughter wants to grow up to be the Statue of Liberty...that is wonderful inspiration indeed!

    So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete