Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reginald Baylor:Artist in Residence at The Pfister Hotel Milwaukee WI

I do not have a photo to share but I encourage anyone interested in great art to visit this website www.reginaldbaylor.com. My quilting friend Pat B. was at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee WI and discovered an Artist in Residence Program. She wrote about it on her blog. I was curious and found Reginald's awesome website. His artwork is so happy!!! All bright colors, squiggly lines that reminded me of our kitchen table in the '60's, paper doll fashionistas, black girls with blonde hair and happy suburban houses and gardens. Hopefully this will make you curious to check out his website. I do not get to Milwaukee much since I moved to Yoopertown so if I could I would go to the Pfister and see Reginald's paintings. I find his work inspirational and nice he chooses to work with area school children to create art enrichment for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment