Friday, March 12, 2010

Convergence Class Sample


I hope to teach a Convergence construction class at Quilter's Haven Quilt Shop in Menominee MI and this is my class sample. I had attempted to teach this class before and the owner thought people are afraid of it thinking it is too difficult. I want to show it is easy with straight stitiching and rotary cutting. My sample is in fabrics more subdued that I would normally chose with contrasting borders. I fussy cut Kaffe flowers and fused them to the top of the quilt. I embellished the quilt with some fun felt flowers I found at Joanns and a few rhinestones and glliter nail polish. I liked the contrast of the fuzzy felt and the shiny rhinestones/glitter. The weather here in the upper midwest has gone from beautiful sunshine and above normal temps to damp, rainy and foggy. I have managed to get the mother of all head colds. This cold has caused me to miss work and not be in my studio until late yesterday. I think I'm going to be able to taste my food today and not have to blow my nose every second.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice class sample. I'm sure ladies will be encouraged to take the class. Again, nice job!

    ReplyDelete