Monday, April 19, 2010

Going Traditional; International Quilt Festival-Chicago


I signed up at Pine Street Quilts in Marinette WI for a 12 month long block-of-the-month called Fair and Square. 12 people sign up and each month each person chooses 4 coordinating fat eighths and the 11 other people make the block for that person.This is my third and last Fair and Square because some people have a different idea of what a 12' block should be sized and the pressing isn't always very good. 6 of the 12 blocks couldn't be used so I decided to make 6 of my own using star blocks from http://www.nancyrinkdesigns.com/. Nancy has a FREE BOM which can be downloaded and I made 6 star blocks using red backgrounds. I added this fun grass green print with yellows and red/orange dragonflys to connect the blocks and add a border. I will quilt the quilt with green thread.
I attended the International Quilt Festival in Chicago last Friday and Saturday. It was so fun to see what quilters are creating nationally, be able to purchase more goodies and visit with new and not so new friends. I was visually overloaded!! And I,like many other quilters from MI, MN, and WI, are sad to see the show move to Cincinnati OH-too far to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment