Sunday, March 27, 2011

I am Making Patterns of My Designs

Ta-Da!! I made my first pattern and here is the finished sample which will be on the pattern as the example of the finished quilt. I enlarged my postcard lady to an easier size to work with. It is a "beginner" level pattern to get people started who may think this is rocket science!! There are only 4 applique pieces and the eyes/lips-the eye brows could be drawn in instead of appliqued. The eyes are drawn in and thread painting and a few embellishments give the quilt its zing!! I added a few borders which are optional or do a different border.  I am not rigid and say" it's my way or no way"-I prefer to inspire people to just start and add to the piece as they like it. The finished size is 18" x 18" and I have two optional hair style appliques. I will charge $8.00 for the pattern. So is anyone interested in making a small portrait quilt?? If so, let me know and I will mail you one!! This pattern is called "Angelica" for two reasons-I am going to name them like real people and I thought I'd start with an "A" name and I want to do names of flowers since it's gardening related!!! Give me feedback!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you go girl!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are truly an artist! love your designs and talent. I first 'started' quilting 8 years ago, painted my husbands portrait on muslin with acrylis and quilted it. From an article in an old Quilters Newsletter, the artists was from Victor, MT. I then made an art quilt for son returning from Iraq, painted his pickup, him tied up in hunting clothes on roof, 2 bears driving the truck in hunting clothes, embellished trees with fluffly green yarn for pines, cut up small silk leaves for other trees. But since I live so far away in MT, I can only get inspired from your work! absolutely love it. Wish I were closer to take a class from you. THANK YOU. Suzanne
    march7752@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete