Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Kitschmas!!!




I purchased this funny book "Merry Kitschmas" five years ago and have laughed and paged through it numerous times. I have noticed while watching the TV show "What Not To Wear" the holiday sweaters with all the frou frou is a fashion no-no. This funny book had a take on the holiday themed sweater/sweatshirt by being comical. I bought a plain red sweatshirt, sequin trim, metallic rickrack, rhinestones, dangly trim with Christmas ornaments and some iron-on letters. I'm not sure if I crossed the line into having the sweatshirt gaudy enough. It was a fun exercise in good embellishing and being over the edge. I left the ribbing on the bottom and the cuffs unadorned because of the bulkiness factor and the back alone because I can't see that anyway. Do you think I should "gaud" it up somemore? Maybe the shoulder seams or around the sleeve seam could have added sparkle. Merry Kitschmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment